Sisters

This photo was taken just before Christmas 2006. Notice the chipboard, and bling? Didn't use the rub-ons though. Gotta love Basic Grey!



Chatterbox anyone? When I got this picture developed, I knew right away what paper I was going to use. Notice my three favorites on this page? I even did another favorite of mine...hidden jounaling. It's great to use on a page to save space, and it can also hide jounaling you don't want just everyone to read. As soon as Rachel get's the journaling done for this page, it will be complete!

One of our CI's took this candid photograph of PE & RT as they were waiting for Adventure Platoon to march past on their return from one of their many FTX's. This is one of my most favorite candid's of Rachel and I love what this photo stands for. They would run and grab their big alphabet and stand by the road when a company would come back from the field to welcome them home. The cadets are hot, tired, dirty, stinky, but what a nice feeling to hear fellow cadets clapping and cheering when you come marching back on base.
I have been big into journaling lately. I don't know if I will ever get caught up on the girls scrapbooks, so I have decided to take my time and concentrate on recording their achievements through their teenage years. I think is is also extremely important to let them know how I felt about their achievements, so my focus has been more on that than trying to play catch up. That will never happen! I used our 2" Roman Lowercase alphabet fonts at JSI, diecut them out of chipboard and cardstock for the word "achieve".




6 Responses
  1. Angie Says:

    I love those little swirl things on the Sisters page. I've been trying to get some ideas generated to do a picture like that of my sister and I.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I might not be in Saskatoon but im still checking out your blogging status. Your the only one whos updated their blog all week. Awesome job Laura. We just gotta get you to tell us some stories along with your pictures haha.


  3. jem Says:

    Nice to see some of your new layouts and product. I am glad that you are journalling, you and your fam will love to read it years from now. Keep them coming Laura you are doing fantastic!!!.


  4. Love the blog Laura - keep it up girl! You enabler you!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Your girls are beautiful Laura and what a gift to them for you to be journalling for them. I may have to start. Love the blog and I shall check your progress often.
    Carla


  6. Dawn Hueser Says:

    Great layout Laura! I love it all!