Taking a look a this picture, I guess I can see why people get Rachel and Jenna mixed up. They look remarkably alike. I always got a chuckle when someone would ask if my girls were twins. But I guess I can see why here. This is my favorite picture that we took of them.
You know it's funny, as a scrapbooker, I had to make sure that the immediate family had co-ordinating clothes because I didn't want the headache of trying to scrapbook a page with six different colors going on. Admit it, we all do it!

Okay, here is a rare picture of Rachel and her dad. The resemblance is...well, lets just say she doesn't look much like me. I absolutely love this picture. If you ever notice the glint in Rachel's eye (and if you look close in this picture it is there) she truly get's it from her dad. She has Shannon's corny sense of humor, practical joker, quiet until you know her side, loyal, and goal oriented. She truly is her father's daughter. And I love her and them to pieces!!!! I homeschooled both of my girls for nine and eight years before sending them off to public school. She had major adjustments. Rachel not only had to adjust to public school, but to high school. She was also enrolled in the advanced program at Walter Murray. She will complete grade 12 in June and has been accepted to SBC in the Legal Admin. Assist. Prog. She still has dreams to get her commercial pilots licence, which we all know is very costly. I have always encouraged my girls to dream and encourged their dreams, and I have no doubt that whatever Rachel sets her mind to do, with God's help, she will accomplish it. So, Yes I am very proud of Rachel and her accomplishments!!
11 Responses
  1. Mrs. Wizzle Says:

    Beautiful, beautiful ladies! How did Shannon luck out with so many gorgeous girls in his house. He must feel like the ugly duckling or a king among his princesses and his queen. Whew. I would like to see a full view of "the dress" hunny bunny. I have been checking and checking. So glad you got some pictures up. Now, more! I am not greedy or anything, eh? Love ya!


  2. Kelly Says:

    Really really cute - love the long hair curls - that must have taken so much time!!!
    Time sure flies!


  3. Okay, I am guessing 7 sets of hot rollers per girl for all that gorgeous hair! You look fabulous. And I can't wait to see a detailed pic of the dress! It looks so good. Very classy. Way to go!!!


  4. Laura Says:

    Actually, Rachel's hair only took 49 rollers and 1 and 1/2 hours to do. My hair took one large and one normal set of hot sticks to curl and under 2 hours to do. Jenna's hair took about an hour and a set of large hot sticks. My sister did my hair and my neice did the girls.


  5. Beautiful pictures Laura!


  6. Pam Says:

    i love the dress..you did an amazing job!
    the photos are beautiful! i can't wait to see them in person.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    You and Shannon did a great job with your girls. Rachel lookes great, the the dress is wonderful.

    Debbi-Anne


  8. Amanda Says:

    What a beautiful family, Laura. ((hugs)) And how exciting this must have been for all of you! Congrats, girl! I can't wait to see your fabulous pages...:)


  9. Anonymous Says:

    What a gorgeous bunch of girls.. all three of you!!Dad looks good too! Hope you took some family pictures that day.
    Carla


  10. kristen Says:

    Hey Laura, I finally tracked down the blog sites from the store, and very happy to see yours. Rachel looks beautiful! I sent the link to my sister as well since they did attend cadets together. Anyways, great to see your site. The pictures are beautiful...and I've been inspired to create a second blog site myself...currently have our Costa Rica trip, now going to do a scrapbooking one too!

    kristen


  11. Anonymous Says:

    Laura, just thought I'd comment to let you know that I stopped by. The photos all look great; the dress, the hair...absolutely gorgeous!! Love you all, oh an congratulations Rachel!!

    Jolene