"Everyday Life in Vernon"

I finally got my call from Rachel just after midnight tonight. Just as I suspected she has been running like crazy trying to get ready for about 600- 700 kids coming in starting on Friday. She is working in the company called Foxtrot and she will have 3 intakes of cadets that stay for only 2 weeks at a time. I think she is pretty excited because she likes working with this age group the best.
She is up by about 6am, has breakfast and her day is in full swing. She told me that she spent 6 hours doing lesson plans yesterday and she got 99% on her drill mutual today. That is her strength, just like shooting is Jenna's. Cleaning out barracks and just everything that goes along with running a camp of that size is overwhelming to me. She said she will find out tomorrow what rank she is for the entire 6 weeks. She is garanteed a sgt because that is what she is now, but she could get promoted to warrant for the summer. We will wait and see!
More later.
2 Responses
  1. Kelly Says:

    Awwwww... looks like mama bear is gonna miss her girls this summer (so can't blame you, I guess!)- They will have a great time and You Will BE FINE. Say that to yourself over and over. "I WILL BE OKAY"
    (In 15 years when my girls are gone for the summer ... could you give me this same pep talk? thanks)


  2. Laura Says:

    Yup. Jenna leaves in a few hours. Then I really will notice the quiet house. We have alot of things lined up to get done, so hopefully keeping busy will help.