"First Graduation Parade"

Mr. Wayne Emde took this picture of Rachel saluting the reviewing officer as he is about to inspect her platoon. When I see an obvious picture like this I think of the Sesame Street song, "One of These Things is Not Like the Other." Her first parade is over. Today, her next intake of cadets arrive. I have to say, she looks sharp. Is is wrong for a parent to feel pride for their child's achievements? I think in this day and age, our children need all our support we can give them. So, one down and two more to go. Has it been a walk in the park? Nope, but she will have grown again in leaps and bounds. There is nothing we face or go through as a child of God that is wasted. That is the beauty of serving Him. He not only walks with you side by side, but everything has a purpose in Him.
2 Responses
  1. Go ahead and brag...then I won't have to do it all by myself! :)

    Yes we can rejoice in our childrens achievements - the fruit of the time, morals, values and all the rest we have steadfastly instilled in them in word and in our actions. Be proud!