"That Colgate Smile"

Well just one month short of four long years, my Jenna finally got her braces off on Thursday and just look at that smile! Oh my goodness, it was worth every penny spent, every hour of nagging (and I know for a fact she would agree with me now too), and any amount of agony they may have caused to have her teeth look as good as they do now.
They pulled her jaw over, removed stubborn teeth, and had to wait for baby teeth that just wouldn't fall out (genetics), but I think I may be in more trouble now than ever! lol. May have to really get out that shotgun, clean 'er up, and keep 'er right by my bed. Okay, enough kidding. In all seriousness, I couldn't ask for a better orthodontist in Dr. Remmer. I was afraid he was going to retire before Jenna was done and he is such a perfectionist, but he finished till the end.
So, anyway, I thought I would share with all of you.

The first thing she wanted to do was eat an apple. She has never been able to bite into one for almost four years. She thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and decided she just might buy shares in an apple company...no wait, her exact words were we should buy shares in an apple company! So these last two days, she has been enjoying food she has not normally been able to eat.
So I have a few more pages to do and hopefully these will get done soon!
That's all for now.
12 Responses
  1. Carlee Says:

    EEEK!!! I thought I was going to have to wait till I got home to see her, but now I dont have to!!!!! YOU look AWESOME Jenna!!!! Hugs from Kc! Cant wait to see you all!


  2. Congratulations Jenna!
    Indeed a "Colgate" smile.


  3. Laura,
    What a beautiful girl! I remember the difference it made for Angie, and yes, it is worth every cent. I can't believe how mcuh she is looing like you.


  4. Laura Says:

    Carlee: Nope, you don't have to wait, and you know Jenna, she has been sooo super excited about getting them off, everybody knew about it.

    Julie: You think I should forward this phot to Colgate because that is the toothpaste we really use?

    Tina: She not only looks like me, she has my attitude too...scary. lol.



  5. Rachel R Says:

    Gorgeous girl and a beautiful smile!


  6. Darla Says:

    I had forgotten what she looked like without braces. Can't keep the smile off that gorgeous face, can she?


  7. Laura Says:

    Rachel R: Yes to both. Thanks. She's one happy girl.

    Darla: She's still smiling three days later. She had another apple tonight...still enjoying them. I'm thinking they are fast becoming her new favorite fruit.


  8. Amanda Says:

    What a beautiful smile, Jenna! Bet it feels great!


  9. Laura Says:

    Thanks Amanda, she loves it, and feels like she is all teeth. And lips stretched from here to Calgary! Just kidding.


  10. Jenn Penny Says:

    Hey mommy! Just thought I would let you know I have two new posts, but let me warn you get ready to read about 6000 words by the time both are read, they are both very long! lol.
    :)


  11. Laura Says:

    Hey Jenn, will do.