"Red Carpet Galla Oscarette Weekend Crop"

Well, here I am finally posting pictures of our weekend crop. Thank you ladies for being patient with me. I am going to immediately give you a disclaimer on any blurry pictures right off the bat, as I was laughing so hard while taking some of them it was near impossible to hold the camera steady! And before you ask, no I don't have a stabilizer lens!



The first pics are random shots of some of the ladies on Saturday while they were working. I took pictures of everyone, but they didn't all turn out, so I apologize if your picture isn't up here.

I know Barb and Kenzie were looking forward to the crop again. They were busy beavers getting stuff done all weekend
.





You guys always participate in our dress up and we appreciate it. Your participation is what helps makes our crops a success every time! Thanks ladies.




I think we have to separate these two! It doesn't matter that she is pregnant....but oh, the cards Twila and Chandra made after the one great make and take Ralna did with the Tim Holtz stamps! AMAZING! Wait a go girls.


You two are so much fun in a class together. Val, did you ever get your little book all done? lol. Shona, I think it is a full time job for you just to keep her out of trouble.



Janice, did you get much done? I didn't get to see you a whole lot that weekend.



Oh, my goodness, the giggling sisters. What fun you two are. Have they come to take you away yet? lol. Do you laugh as much in the card class?



Love the costume Barb! I do think you should look into getting a new optometrist, though. Something tells me he is over prescribing!



And the winners for page layout, card making, altered project, and costume are: rat-a-tat-tat. (That's the drum roll in case you didn't know).




1). Page Layout- Shona I.



Notice the red face? Couldn't get a shot of the page, though. It was beautiful.

2). Card making- Lee B.

Again, no picture of the card, but it was beautiful and unique.

3). Altered Project- Heidi or Melanie M. (Sorry girls, I always get you two
mixed up

"I would like to thank my family for their continued
support......." I almost dies laughing, along with the rest of the ladies in the crop room. It
was absolutely hilarious. This picture is the one of her
"acceptance" speech. I am surprised it isn't blurrier. You crack me up, girl!
Too funny!


And here they are with their Oscarette's.......Gold Barbies! That's right ladies! Custom made by none other than Madame Ralna herself. I tell you she rocks with creativity. They were awesome and the one that Heidi or Melanie won even sang!

4). Best Dressed Costume- Heidi and Melanie M.


Here they are with their Oscarette in their "Red Carpet" finery.


Then the evening was winding down and we had a little incident at the store up at the till. One of the girls Heidi (I think that was the one) was beginning to realize that winning the Oscarette and being on the Red Carpet does begin to have its drawbacks. The dreaded Paparazzi spotted her at the checkout paying her tab and started taking pictures of her.


At first it doesn't look like she realizes that they are snapping away. She even looks like any ordinary shopper.


Hold on.......something tells me that she is starting to clue in that the paparazzi is not just another tourist in the LSS. She does not look too impressed.


"Do I have something on my face?" You can tell she is just a newbie at this whole paparazzi thingy....don't give them any more ammo to throw into the tabloids. Next thing she will be reading is: "Can't handle the pressure of Hollywood, starting a nervous twitch....will Miss M. end up having breakdown?" or "Miss M. on drugs?


Really wondering what the photographer is doing following her all over the store as she gets ready to pack up her stuff. Beginning to think something is fishy......

Realizes she has been had! I cannot put the photo that she gave me.....let's just say that that is why tabloids get sued! Just kidding, we had a good laugh and the picture was so blurry that I probably could put it on here and nobody could figure out what it was! I hope ladies that it was okay that I took some liberty with these pictures. I had way too much fun taking them not to share them.
We had a great time, I had some fun with my camera when I wasn't doing my make n' take and you girls all make it so worth the work and time that goes into the prep for one of these events.
I hope the pictures were worth the wait, and I apologize for missing some people. Let me know what you think.

4 Responses
  1. Woodsy Says:

    May I suggest a Beanpod?
    www.Beanpods.co.uk

    Cheers, Mark (UK).


  2. April D Says:

    Rofl! Laura, you crack me up...that papparazzi stunt was hilarious...great photos. Mine are up on my blog too. You guys really rock at these events...kudos to the best of the best in toon town! Thanks for a great time...again!


  3. April D Says:

    So, hey I would love your votes for a contest I have entered at http://www.theoriginalscrapbox.com/catalog/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47&Itemid=103

    Mine is entry #412, a layout titled too cute. This site is amazing, you should check it out. I am trying to win the coolest scrapbook desk! Get bonus points for posting so I hope you don't mind daily posts... (Would also love a post on your blog so your visitors can help me out..more bonus points for each day that you do..lol) You can also vote once per day! Thanks for the help and happy scrappin'


  4. Laura Says:

    Hi April. Will definately check it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog. More pictures coming soon...