Update on My Life

Okay. I have received several comments lately on my lack of recent updates on my blog. So I figured I would give you an update on my hectic life.

I have started on the illustrious grad dress. You know that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach when you cut into your fabric and you have made a wrong cut? Or you think you made a wrong cut and you are just sick? That happened the other night...and my husband Shannon was sitting right there on the couch and I had to pretend that I knew what I was doingand nothing was wrong. Let me tell you, that was not easy. He is the one who would play the part of Chicken Little in the play...you know, "the sky is falling" thingy. So I had to stop cutting until I found out exactly what piece was what (long story) but it all worked out and I didn't have to buy too much more fabric. So, I will get Rachel to take some pictures of me making this dress in progress since I haven't had time to scrapbook at home and work has been crazy busy these last three weeks. So, I don't think there will be any new pages from me until after I am done this grad dress and Rachel's prom is done at the beginning of May. So, if you can be patient a little longer, I'll post pictures until I can post new pages!

Until then, thanks for being faithful and checking on my blog and I'll see a bunch of you in the store!
8 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I am relly interested to see pictures of this dress. Even a pic of the pattern right now would satisfy my curiosity!


  2. Laura Says:

    This whole dress has become quite an ordeal. Because we dress quite conservative, there wasn't a pattern out there for us to be found...besides which I do not have the capabilities to alter that much of a pettern. So I had to get her pattern made for her by Mylynh from Mylynh's Bridal. So, we took a picture in made from two different styles, and Mylynh measured Rachel and poof, she made me a pattern for her. She is just amazing! I did the mock up and took in the side seams 1/4" and I have to extend the shoulder seams about 1'2" and that is it! The best fitting pattern ever. And Rachel has a one of a kind dress. So in answer to your question, I really don't have a picture of the dress. I'll see if I can scan a photo.


  3. Kelly Says:

    Laura - thanks for the update, see, I knew you'd find the time!!
    Keli


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Your an amazing seamstress so Im not sure why you are putting it off..but then again why do any of us put things off. You have three productive days this week to get some serious stuff done (and its better to make mistakes while you have time to fix them right? not that you will) I cant wait to see the end product. Its gonna be gorgeous. I also cant wait till you scrapbook the pictures. Her dress is one of my favorite colors to scrapbook!
    PS Ill buy you a coffee for the high note!


  5. Laura Says:

    Let's face it, I'm a procrastinator and i seem to work better under pressure. Which is so totally ridiculous! So, I am going to cut the rest out this afternoon...I have to! That is my goal, so all you bloggers in blogland, ask me this coming week if I got it cut out, okay? That should get me going. See you Monday Britt. PS. You don't owe me coffee...you already bought me one on Sat, that's enough.


  6. Pam Says:

    I can't wait to see the dress!
    I will stay posted for the pictures.


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Good for you to tackle your daughters grad dress. I look so forward to seeing the pictures, you are an amazing friend to Brittany and such a talented person in so many areas. I know the dress will be one with love in every stitch. Keep at it!Carla


  8. okay so that was almost 2 weeks ago Laura... update?