"Girls in Vernon"

Jenna sitting in on a lecture under a tent. Hot, great comfortable chairs. Sounds like fun? Not my idea of a great time...give me air conditioning anyday. I remember as a kid living outside (mostly because if I was inside my mom always found some work for me to do)! I wonder if I gave her that option at home what the response would be? Hm, I might have to try it. I am starting to get some great parenting ideas lately....this could be scary.
Here is a photo of Rachel at the airport in Kelowna picking up an intake of cadets. The camp photographers Francois Arseneault and Wayne Emde follow the cadets around from the time they open their eyes in the morning until they turn out the lights at night for the duration of the six weeks. They then compile a DVD of that six weeks for the cadets. I have been given permission to post photos of my girls on my blog from the photographers. I have had the pleasure of talking to Francois on the telephone a couple times and he is as passionate about photography and the cadet program like we are about scrapbooking!

If you get a chance to check out the Vernon website to see some of the shots he gets of the cadets, go to: http://www.armycadethistory.com/ Then click on the Vernon website on the left. If you check out last years pictures (2006) towards the end of the summer, the last week of camp Fri, Sat and Sun pictures are awesome. Enjoy them and let me know what you think. They put alot of time and effort into this website for us parents to keep track and maybe get glimpses of our kids while they are away. Drop me a note and I'll pass it along to him.








4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Rachel looks so mean and tough!!! wonder if they really know what a softy she is!


  2. Kate Says:

    What is going on? Are we in a 4th dimension or something? I check your blog every day for - oh - EVER with no updates and then I leave for a week and BAM you're blogging every day!!! Way to go!They look seriously in charge! You are going to have to do a whole book of their time away and leave big spots open so they can journal all the great stories.


  3. uhhh thanks guys..mean? me??


  4. Laura Says:

    She is definately a marshmallow on the inside. Most of her cadets who have known her awhile already know that:)