"2008 ACR"

So here ends another year of cadets. The awards banquet is on Thurs evening and then it is all wrap up stuff for summer camps. My girls are not going to Vernon this year although there is a tug to go. Alot of their friends will be there staffing or taking another course.


Here is the first picture taken of Shannon in uniform, with the girls. I have to say, they look pretty sharp. I will have to be scrappin' this one (maybe in black and white) as I won't get too many more pictures of them together in uniforms. Rachel ages out in Dec of this year, so this was her last ACR.


Lt. Col. Johnson is from Moose Jaw and he was our reviewing officer for the day. He was also the Dep. Comm. Officer of Vernon Army Cadet Summer Training Centre last summer and will returning there this year. He is just a super nice, down to earth kind of guy who truly cares for kids. He remembered the "Peterson" girls and was quite willing to pose for me. He was sorry that they were taking the summer off as he put it "It is hard to find good staff cadets."


Neither of the girls received any medals this year, which kinda sucks, but that's the way she goes. I can honestly say they aren't in this for the awards and medals or they would have quit a long time ago. I am proud of the job they have done and the care they have for their fellow cadets. That is way more important in the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, maybe I'll get some pages done soon, I hope. I really want to do the pages of them and their dad and this one with LT. Col. Johnson.

I want to say thanks to Sheryl and her family for coming out. I have pictures for her that I have to email to her of her kids with my girls. I see some future cadets in the making, I think! Also thanks to my sister Darla, mom, Grandma and Shannon's parents. It means alot to the girls to have their family there.

That's all for now. I may post some marching pics as Rachel was Flag Team Commander this year and Jenna was on the drill team that did a demonstration.




9 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    great pictures. Sorry I could not be there.

    Debbi-Anne


  2. Laura Says:

    Good thing I was sitting down! I would've fallen over. I missed you not being there this year.


  3. Angie Says:

    That was so sweet what you said about your girls. And they look great beside their dad.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    A family to be proud of. Great picture!

    Chris


  5. Laura Says:

    Thank you Angie. Sometimes it's really hard to teach your kids the more important values in life as they get older. Then I have to look at myself and ask if I am being biased...probably! :-)

    Chris: Thanks! You have always been a champion of our family and my girls, for that I am thankful.


  6. Jenna Says:

    Hey Mom, good pics, I like how LCol Johnson just says "I want a picture with the Peterson girls." That made my day...lol. Love you lots and thanks for being there and taking pics and talking to David.
    -J


  7. Kate Says:

    Great photos and I LOVE the LO in the last post. It's funny that you said you can't get that paper anymore because it's older and just happen to be in your stash. I have it too. That's when I realized I should probably get my butt in gear and scrap something! Shoot me your e-mail address so I can invite you to my other blog. 30 days and counting until I am in S'toon!


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Laura, You should be proud of your daughters! Are not all moms biased of their children?

    Janet


  9. Laura Says:

    Thanks Kate and Janet...and yes, most parents are biased. That's what our job is supposed to be.