" Prom"

Well, the day has arrived and we or I should say I, survived the day and what a beautiful day we had! My sister Lana has not lost her touch to do long hair and she did a beautiful job on mine and Jenna's.
It has been a tradition of mine to count the hairpins when she does my hair since a few years ago when she used 72 to do an updo. I have to say that on Saturday, she broke the record and I was positive that she used over 100 pins, but to my surprise when I took it down Saturday night, I found only 89 in my hair. Unless she stuck some inside my head! Just kidding. Thanks Lana for making Jenna feel beautiful that day!
Well folks, here is my girls "Prima Prom Gown." Shut up. I know. Yes there are actually Prima flowers sewn on the dress. Forty eight of them in fact. But they were perfect, don't you think? It was her idea for the flowers and then what do you know, these new flowers appeared in the store.
Jenna's hairdo.

Jenna and her dad. He loves getting his picture taken. Ha! Not. Oh, well. Look at the shot of the dress. Great frontal pic!

These two can never stand still for long and take serious pics without goofing off! Akk! Good thing the gum didn't end up in hair or on the dress!
Jenna and Jenn have been friends since grade 9 and she is like my third daughter. She also had a unique grad dress because she picked hers up in Mexico. Rachel is Jenn's hair for grad.

Here we go again....Jenna has her sunglasses on upside down. Now it could be that she wasn't sure which way was up, not having the privilege of wearing sunglasses for long just getting contacts recently. But I am more inclined to think she was just plain goofing off again, much to her father's frustration....he had about had it. He wanted to get these done with, we were running out of time, and all I could think of was, "What a cool page this will make...I hope this picture turned out." Of course I didn't tell him that at the time either...hee, hee, hee. But this is so her. He just wants to leave and she has a way of making me laugh...I want to ring her neck, and she has a way of making me laugh. That's a good thing! I love her to pieces.

My mom. You will never find a more loyal grandmother than my mom. She is so proud of my girls and so supportive. She is there for their events and I am so thankful. I love her. My girls love her. She is their champion. And they know it.

Angelina. We came walking down the 300 stairs at TCU when it was over to cheering, whistling, clapping....to Angelina. Another champion of my girls. Another friend who loves unconditionally. My girls adore her. She stopped by with my sister and brother in law to see Jenna. I didn't get any pictures of Darla and Dave with Jenna that night with my camera.
You would think they graduated from Yale or Harvard as a lawyer top of class there was that much racket! I am so thankful she was here to share this weekend with us.

And finally Seth. Seth loves pretty girls. He needed to hug Jenna and he thought Jenna was beautiful and he thought her dress was too. Not because I made it, but because she wore it. The most important thing was that she felt like a princess, she looked like a princess and she was a princess and I thought she was the most beautiful lady in the room!
Thanks ladies for letting me ramble, brag about my girls appreciate you taking the time to stop by.










14 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    the dress looks great! Congratulations Jenna on finishing high school.
    Debbi-Anne


  2. Laura Says:

    Thanks Debbi-Anne. Your turn next year. Where does the time go? Way to fast that's all I can say.


  3. She looked beautiful. the dress was gorgeous


  4. Laura Says:

    Thank you Tina.


  5. Mrs. Wizzle Says:

    Awwwww! I am feeling extremely old! I held those girls in my lap and teased them and read with them and fed them candy. yikes!
    Beautiful girl inside and out.
    Beautiful event
    Beautiful dress
    Beautiful mom
    Beautiful sister
    Beautiful family
    Beautiful pictures
    just simply beautiful


  6. Darla Says:

    Agree with Mrs. Wizzle. Simply beautiful, the girl and the dress. Nothing else can express it better.


  7. Angie Says:

    Love the dress!! and the Prima flowers look great.


  8. Laura Says:

    Mrs. Wizzle: If I remember correctly, you were the one who found the key for Jenna when it came to reading. They are successful today because you had a hand in their education. My many phone calls for help. Thanks! And you guys still feed them candy when we visit! Lol.

    Dar: I think I smell partiallity here, but that's okay, I'll take the compliment. Thanks.

    Angie: Thank you. The flowers were a unique, one of a kind touch. Let's hope I can dry clean them!


  9. V Says:

    Congratulations, Jenna!

    Wow, now dun that feel great? Proud of ya! =D

    Shoot for the moon,even if you miss you'll be among the stars... Ah forget that, your Father owns it!!!!! Go get it!!!!!


  10. April D Says:

    She looked very beautiful and I LOVED that dress..great job!


  11. Laura Says:

    Thank you April. I can truly say she was a "Prima-donna" ha, ha! I just wish we had more time to take better pictures where it was a little greener. Oh, well...such is life.


  12. Anonymous Says:

    Seriously Laura, you have got to change that first picture....at least paste a bag over my face...you are going to lose blog readers if you keep my picture posted any longer my dear.

    Lana


  13. Laura Says:

    Umm. don't think so. But I will be posting some trip pictures soon. Sorry. :-)


  14. Jenn Penny Says:

    HAHA! I completely forgot about the photo of Jenna with her glasses on upside down, I burst out laughing - only to slap a hand over my mouth in case I woke up my parents! That photo captures Jenna perfectly! :)